Tell me, where did 2012 go?
As the end of the year draws closer, here’s a quick update:
1. The BBC session I did for the Electric Mainline show is now available via SoundCloud for your listening pleasure. There is a new song (‘About Much Else’) on there, with the lovely piano work of Chris McConaghy. Presenter and DJ Stephen McCauley has today described this song as “easily one of my Electric Mainline highlights of 2012”, which is very kind indeed.
2. I have a new track on the The First Active Listener Acid Folk Sampler over here. ‘Stille Nacht II’ evokes (in my mind anyway) a calm and quiet, snowy evening.
4. Next year. There should be a number of releases in 2013 if all goes to plan, all of them quite different in style:
- Echoes In Rows analogue electronics album – with David Ansara.
- A Farewell To Hexes analogue electronics EP (solo).
- RELYCS – ‘Songs For Abandoned Tube Stations’ cassette – with Pulco, Gareth Davies and Unexpected Bowtie.
- A track on the forthcoming Kitchen Cynics tribute album from Folk Police Recordings.
- The Poseidon Adventure re-soundtrack (LDC9) – with Gareth Davies.
- Crossing Over With Gareth Davies & Adam Leonard EP – with Gareth Davies.
- Waxen Wasps project – with Dom Cooper.
Merry Christmas people. Thanks for your support this year – I appreciate it massively.
[ Raises glass to 2013 ]